GENERAL JOB and PERFORMANCE DESCRIPTION
(Summary, Scope, Purpose)
The Commercial Account Manager manages a book of commercial insurance business while acting with a high degree of independent discretion, autonomy, and decision-making. They constantly provide professional, courteous service to our clients, company representatives, underwriters, business partners, and Statewide colleagues, resulting in a high rate of account retention that meets or exceeds expectations. They provide a high level of support to our Producer Account Executives in obtaining, maintaining, and expanding business. May also be responsible for account rounding and the development of new business as appropriate and in accordance with standard practices, policies, and procedures.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The applicant must maintain the appropriate licenses and meet all continuing education and other state requirements.
- Makes decisions on books of insurance business for which the Account Manager is responsible.
- Acquires understanding of clients’ insurance objectives and critically analyzes and compares insurance plans to determine suitability.
- Works closely with Producers and other Statewide team members on all aspects of client service, marketing, and renewal while adhering to STATEWIDE’s best practices and standard procedures.
- Acts as liaison between clients and insurance carriers to resolve escalated complex service issues that require policy interpretation and experience based judgment to resolve.
- May also negotiate with underwriters and carriers.
- Manages, organizes, and conducts client meetings when necessary.
- Troubleshoots claims and billing issues.
- Oversees the preparation and implementation of all insurance transactions, applications, and internal processing documents for assigned accounts.
- Stays abreast of changes in the insurance industry and other external conditions that may impact clients and their risk.
- Makes appropriate recommendations to clients in response to those changes independent of manager approval.
- Responsible for overall retention of accounts in assigned book of business.
- Develops new business from existing accounts and assigned leads, and contributes to meeting departmental production goals.
- Identifies and follows-up on cross-selling opportunities when appropriate.
- Appropriately documents conversations with clients and carrier representatives and updates all STATEWIDE computer systems including, AMS360 automated agency management system and other programs when necessary.
- Ensures the utmost accuracy of all data in those systems.
- Occasionally travels on company business as required.
- Prepares reports for management as requested.
- Attends industry related meetings and conferences, including continuing education training and courses.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- At least 3 years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in an insurance account a management role in required lines.
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent. A four-year degree is preferred.
- Superior customer service and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and automated agency management systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work a regular, full-time work schedule at STATEWIDE’s office(s) and ability to travel on business when required.
- Currently Licensed in good standing in required lines
- All necessary CE credits in required lines and states are current and up to date.
At Statewide Insurance Group, we are a team of dedicated insurance specialists that empowers our clients and team members. We are dependable in a rapidly changing world that is not. We advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected through unrelenting support with tailored insurance and risk management solutions that creates a State of No Worries.
We protect our client businesses and individuals in our local communities. We help businesses evaluate their risks and develop solutions tailored to their needs. We believe in empowering our employees and offer our employees technology and industry expertise resources, while still maintaining the local flavor of our office communities. Our structure enables our teams to maintain their own unique, regional culture.
STATEWIDE INSURANCE GROUP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
Hi, we’re STATEWIDE.
Know this about how we do business...
You can depend on us. Our clients and employees are our most important people and always will be. Satisfaction and peace of mind are paramount in our agency culture, and to that end, we insist on high standards and professional excellence in everything we do and say. And our clients can expect the same from everyone in our company.